Friday, February 11, 2011

I Thank and Love You

Sometimes in our lives, little moments of inspiration and sentimentality sneak up on us and make us cry. This is one of those times for me. I was in a choreographers showcase performance a week ago today as I had stated in a previous blog, where I performed a dance with my friend, Jamie, that she and I choreographed together. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and to this day has left me beyond inspired. I cannot believe that I'm going to graduate college in a couple months. That thought is just mind blowing to me. The saying goes that, "College is the best time of your life." and my GOD is that true! I have met some of the most incredible people that have changed my life for ever. I have made Friends that I will have for the rest of my life. Enemies that if I never see again, I'm perfectly OK with. I've also completly found myself and my sexuality. I am a proud gay man. I'm not a huge fan of lables so I will rephrase that. I have no shame by anymeans admitting that I'm attracted sexually to other men. The "Gay" label comes with a stigma of being effeminate and flamboyant, neither of which are adjectives to describe me... I hope at least. I am attracted to masculine men. I met a guy here at school that I fell in love with. I mentioned him in my last post. He is a big part of my life, weither he is aware of it or not. I fell in love with him and was my first love. He was also my experience of first unrecipricated love. :-( But because of the rejection of those feelings, I have one of the best friends a guy could ask for.

College has changed me, not for the better, no for the worst. It just has. I am who I am today because I went to college. I realize that it's only February 11, but I'm just so excited and scared and nervous and anxious and filled with WAY too many emotions about where my life can go. There are endless possibilities. I will meet SO many more people that will change my life.

Therefore, if you are reading this and I don't know you, I love the possibility of meeting you someday.
If you are readin this and I DO know you, Thank you for having been apart of my thus far, be it whatever kind of relationship we had. It is because of you, that I am who and what I am. I thank and love you.

Falling in love with myself has begun. <3 (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment