Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Your Self Before You Love Another

So Valentines day just happened. And for the first time since my sophomore year of High school, I had a date tonight. Only difference was that my sophomore year of High school was with a girl... haha! It was just dessert and a drink but it was great. He's really sweet, and VERY cute! He's also a couple years younger than me but that really doesn't seem to matter. We just are enjoying each others company while it lasts. It makes me very happy.

The terrible thing however, is that no matter who I meet, or date, or become intimate in any way with, I always compare them to one person. I was on Tumblr earlier and I came across a picture of a sunset with words written on it. The words were the poem from "10 Things I Hate About You" and as I read it, I realized that that poem fits my life rather well...
Pretty, RIGHT!?
But it still sucks. I wonder if I'll ever be over that one guy... And I wonder that someday, if I realize I AM over that one guy, how I'll feel about that. That being said, it leaves me with a question. "Do you ever stop loving your first love?"

Beyond these silly emotions that get me all upset, I actually had a great time tonight. I'm definitely not ready for a relationship with anyone yet, considering that I'm still working on loving myself and all of my flaws. But until then, if "you" read this, Thank You for a wonderful evening.

I posted on my facebook today this status. "Loving another cannot happen until you love yourself. So to all the single people out there, You are your own valentine today so feel the love. To the Couples, Enjoy the fact that you have eachother and don't ever take that love for granted. happy valentines day everyone! ♥♥♥" I do in fact believe it, now to follow my own advice and see where it takes me.

That's all for tonight, my brain can't function enough to write any more. These two scenteces ALONE took about 10 min. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment