Monday, February 7, 2011

TranscenDANCE to a new day....

So this is my second blog and I'm actually really loving this!!!!

This past weekend, Mark Kanemura, Ellenor Scott, Maria Lopes, and Jaquale Knight came and were guest judges at the Showcase performance where I performed a duet that my friend Jamie and I choreographed together. Then after the show, we got to meet with them in a private reception and talk to them and receive their feed back. They told me that they LOVED our piece. I could have cried. The next day, they each taught an hour long master class, and had a talk back with the entire group of dancers that signed up. I got my picture taken with each of them and felt like I was 8 again in Disney World.

Taking their classes was truly the reminder I needed as to why I wanted to be a dance major. Their energy and strength, and just everything about the classes truly inspired me to become better than I already am. It reminded me that I need to step up and constantly perform. Especially if that's the career that I want to be a part of and have.

I had that conversation with many of my fellow dancers and they all agreed with me. Dance has such  power over me. When I dance and have the opportunity to perform, I lose myself. Its one of the reasons actors act, or painters paint, or singers sing. I can take the choreography into my heart and dance from my soul and ust become trancended into another world, far far away from all of my problems here on earth. It reminds me that arguments, and fights and all these things that we think are so important, are just petty. There is no need for it.

I've been so inspired to just be and cannot wait to get out into the real world and do what I love, everyday for the rest of my life. So bring on today, so I can enjoy it and get to my next transcend-anced moment

May you walk proudly, step softly, and always follow the voice of your heart- Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment